05 April 2008

Yeah, breaker one nine...

"Yeah, breaker one nine This here's the Rubber Duck ou got a copy on me Pig Pen, c'mon"...
Well yesterday on April 3rd, 2008 anywhere from 20 to 50 truck drivers held a protest in El Paso, TX, Hey that'smy home town, anyway back to the point a lot of truckers decided that they would drive very, very, very slow across El Paso going from right outside the city limits at around Eastlake Blvd. heading west along I-10 to Executive where they turned around and headed east to go and protest in front of Western Refining, which is something like the third or fourth largest independent oil refinery in the US. What were they protesting???? Well the high price of diesel fuel of course, and believe me I feel their pain. Now I am not saying that I pay close to $1,500.00/ gallon of fuel, it only cost me about $45 but still that is hard for me. I can only imagine what they are going through. I used to work as a shipping coordinator and know personally about the the bidding process and have the experience trying to get the lowest possible price and I know that a lot of them base it all on fuel cost. Now if their cost keep rising eventually companies will not be able to hire them in order to ship their products. The drivers cost goes up when fuel cost go up and so on. Well I say good for them even thought they really won't have an effect on the sky rocketing fuel prices but it does bring light to their issue and maybe people will in the Oil Industry will start getting the point.

No comments: