07 April 2008

It's quiet... To quiet

Well it is just about 2:00 AM here and low and behold I cannot sleep yet again. So many things run through my head when I lay my head down on the pillow. Sometimes it is just mindless crap with no real meaning and others I do some serious thinking about life and the world. I mean there really is nothing to do, and oddly the sounds of the street ( passing cars, wind, dogs barking) aren't there. I even stepped outside to see what was going on. And to my surprise, or lack there of, nothing was going on. Absolutely nothing it is a perfect night outside. Not to cold or hot, no wind to speak of, and no cars speeding down the street racing to get home or to work. Its actually nice, and I think that is what is getting to me. I don't mean to say that I like things when they are bad, but over the years I have grown accustom to there being something whether it is traffic, howling wind, or even the occasional dog barking at something that isn't there. To me this silence seems louder then the noise. I don't know this probably makes no sense but I had to do something to pass the time so I thought I would post on the blog.

No comments: