09 April 2008

Internet Censoship....

Ok so I wake up today and check my email only to find one from the team at yahoo answers.com informing me that I had been found in violation of their community guidelines for a question I had answered and the answer was promptley deleted. No what on Earth could be so bad as to warrent deletion? Did I threaten or make someone out to be stupid? No I simply pointed out that while the asker had a point about the Iraq war he had his facts wrong. He stated that Saddam complied with the UN and should not have been invaded, well I informed him that WMDs were the least of the things Saddam was supposed to comply with and he had been taking pot shots at American and British Pilots patrolling the northern and southern no-flyzones since the end of the first Gulf War thus violating the cease fire and spitting in the face of the UN. Some how he found this offensive and reported me and I was found in violation. It just makes me sick to think that you can go out there and spew your lies in order to advance your point but once you are corrected by facts you run and hide getting the content deleted. People like this asker use a tactic they so often blame the Bush administration of doing by violating my rights to free speech and expression. Now of course there is nothing I can do because yahoo is a business and does not belong to us the people, but still they should not silence those with opposing opinions as long as it is done respectfully. Oh well I just needed to vent.

No comments: