15 March 2008

Don't take life to seriously....






The bills are piling up, your running late for work, you lost your wallet, and to make matters worse your dog crapped on the sofa. Man sounds like it is just one of those days, but does it have to be?




I know for some people it is easy to get caught up in everything that is going on and at times it is important to thake things seriously, it is important. But in general does life have to be serious? The answer is NO!




Life is meant to be enjoyed. It is meant to be a time of learning, fun, and whatever you want it to be. Ever wonder why some people never seem to be mad and everything seems to go perfectly for them? It isn't because they are lucky or that everything seems to go their way it's because they don't sweat the small stuff. If you spend your time worrying or uptight you're never going to enjoy yourself, you might have fun every once and awhile but in the long run life will be sad and hard. On the other hand if you spend your time laughing, learning, and genraly stopping to smell the roses you will have a much better time. Life isn't as bad as people will lead you to believe, I know where I am I can walk around and not have the military patroling around or anything and if I look at everything as an oppertunity for somesort of fun, I tend to have fun.




Another thing to remember is to laugh at yourself. Who cares if you made a fool of yourself because you trip. Just laugh at yourself. I'm sure it looked funny, and as an added bonus you won't feel as bad about it. I promise. Just sit back and laugh, have fun, and be happy.




Let's take two different examples. First look at the former Soviet Union. For them it was all about work and making sure things worked. I never knew someone who wanted to go there on vacation, have you? Well they sent people to prison and basicly had a grim and cold existance. Sure their parades were off the hook, but other then that it just seemed like they had one goal and that was to be better then the "Capitalist" West. Do you know what happened to them? That's right they collapsed. Now look at Brazil, are they serious about everything? That's right no they aren't they take things in stride and are a lot happier percapita then the Soviet Union was. In fact if I were to guess I would say they are happier then a lot of other people. I mean just look at Carnival!! -------->


Now doesn't that look like she is having fun? I think so and that's what I want you guys out there to do, have fun. It's like Van Wilder said, "You can't take life to seriously, you'll never make it out alive." Well I'm going to leave it at that and if your day ever just seems like there is nothing to smile about and no way to have fun just remember these guys...
If they can find time to have fun during a war, surely you can find time at work.

No comments: